Wednesday, July 09, 2008

German Joggers?

Whilst loitering on the steps of Chuchill's last night, enjoying the sea breeze that I was filtering through a smouldering tube of tobacco, I couldn't help but notice an alarming rise in the amount of joggers going around the bend, most of whom were panting away in German.
Could these be our illustrious watersporters?
If so, is jogging really an appropriate exercise for water-skiers (unless you happen to be Jesus, that is)?
I would have thought that skateboarding or roller-blading would be a much more useful exercise, particularly with the amount of rain we've had of late!

Not that it really matters how fit and well practised they are, if no bugger has been invited along to watch them, mind you.

2 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

Strange, but I can never read or hear the word 'joggers' without mentally appending the word 'nipple' to it.

Probably an unconscious memory from a long forgotten public information film reminding people to vaseline their pointy bits before running. It can be very painful, y'know!

Lucy Mail said...

Vaseline is possibly the most versatile and useful ointment known to Mankind!
Is there anything that it can't do, or aid to do?
It's uses have included improvised candles with a bit of bootlace, freeing off the landing gear on an aeroplane and saving countless (well, 28) lives and lubricating toilet seats to liven up a dull evening out.
I was most surprised, therefore, when an ex-boyfriend once suggested, after I'd broached the subject, that I stick it up my arse!
He didn't last much longer after that, I can tell you!!