Sunday, December 03, 2006

Noone Seems To Car!

Whilst adoring The Sharpees in Church, last night, I heard (for the fifth time yesterday) someone banging on about The Westcliff Theatre aka The Motor Museum aka Empty Building with bags of potential and building rubbish (but that isn't in bags).
I must confess that I was getting a bit irritated with the constant references to The Rolling Stones, who played there in 1965. That was 41 years ago, shouldn't we have gotten over that by now?
But the point remains!
There's a wonderful venue that should be being used, but isn't.
I'm curious as to what the council, when/if they stop doing nothing with it, will actually do?
I'll bet they're scratching their metaphorical bollocks and trying to work out how the hell they're going to sell that one to a 'luxury apartment developer', as I speak!

3 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

Haven't those Little Ramsgaters who want to set up their own teeny-tiny council got plans for it? I heard rumours that they had an exciting scheme to convert it into a museum of historic knitted toilet roll covers.

Lucy Mail said...

I do hope that bunch of squabbling ninnies, ERA, have nothing to do with it. They remind me, a bit, of an unfunny version of Dibley Parish Council.

Unknown said...

You are all so harsh.
Westcliff Hall is indeed "suplus to the Council's requirements" and is in a pretty bad state of repair.
The Council would likely jump at any reasonable offer. THe Victoria Pavillion and Albion House are also up for disposal after the May elections. Hopefully one at least can be retained as a community facility.