Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Lull Between The Storms.

Now that I'm working for a Government that prefers to keep it's identity secret (the Australians are funny like that), I find myself, for the first time in my life, having to be careful what I say.
So I'll confine myself to recounting my experiences during my (very little) time off.
I managed to have the whole weekend off, just passed, and spent most of my waking hours hanging around the ale tent, supping some wonderful beers, at the Power Boat Extravaganja, taking brief periods out to eat or be spun around by mechanical devices until I was almost sick. Great fun!
Unlike ECR, though, I wasn't quite brave enough to have a go on the elasticated tossing machine. That and the fact that it cost £15 a go and, not being a millionaire, I thought the money would be better spent on getting lashed-up.
Wasn't the weather lovely!
The only thing that I found a little disappointing was that the crowd appeared to be about 99% absolutely minging (though full of bonhomie, despite their dire circumstances)! But the beer, eventually, put paid to that and I found myself 'getting off' with one of the bar tenders, though, for the life of me, I can't recall which one it was, now. Still, I'm sure that he'll remember, particularly since, in my inebriated state, I managed to drag him to the floor a few times on the way home.
Living in a seaside town, it did beg the question "why can't something like this be organised on a more regular basis, throughout the summer?". Still, it looks like the Pleasurama site is going to keep it's fun-fair until the construction of executive rabbit hutches starts, later in the year, so let's make the most of that, eh?
Anyhow, now that the shaking is finally starting to abate, I suppose I'd better get on with some work while I wait for the memories to start creeping up on me, causing the odd spontanious blush, like they often do!

4 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

The way things are at the moment if I had another go on that thing someone would cut the elastic and I'd be tossed off right over Wellington Crescent.

Anonymous said...

You couldn't swing me a visa could you?

Anonymous said...

Funny, I thought the crowd were minging too. Did we look at each other and think "Ughh, Rough" I wonder? Lots of shaven skulled beer bellied folk all enjoying a bit too much beer I feared down by the stage, the men were bad too. Now you're a civil servant, (if only for a colonial office), you'll have to be careful who you mix with, plenty of blackmail opportunities should a discreet camera be mounted in your bucket or mop at Oz House.

Lucy Mail said...

Anonymous, may I suggest that you go here.. http://www.creditcheckforfree.co.uk/homepage

and stump up six quid for your FREE credit check, to find out why you can't get a visa by yourself.


Oddly enough Mr/Mrs/Ms Commi, a mop and bucket is part of my standard tool-kit. The job that I do can be quite messy and that mess needs to be cleaned up before enquiring minds start asking questions.
I'd love to tell you more but I'd have to do a bit of mopping-up afterwards.