Sunday, June 18, 2006

Doors Closing...Going Down...................Proverb!

After getting over the initial shock of discovering that the Eastcliff Lift is finally open, I thought I'd save my little legs and hitch a lift to the seafront.
It seems that the Universal Translator has been patched up to the point where some of the running commentary is now intelligible, even if it is stating the bleedin' obvious!
I wasn't too sure what was going to greet me when the craft touched down, maybe someone banging on about 'throwing stones in glass houses'. Turned out to be an empty Fanta can and a few chips.
Not sure that I get the council's sense of humour sometimes but if they do decide to change the dialogue to a more appropriate 'Doors closing...Going down.............Pile of discarded crap!', let's hope it doesn't put the lift out of action until the August bank holiday!

No comments: