Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Burned At The Steak.

Always on the lookout for a cheap meal deal, I trundled off to The Churchill Tavern last night in an effort to clog my bowel for £2-50. Well for goodness sake, £2-50 for steak, chips and trimmings! Even if it wasn't very good, it'd still be excellent value for money. As luck would have it, it was rather tasty indeed.
The downside though, which I didn't notice until I tried to walk home, was a really scrummy beer called Drop Dead Extra, or something. I only had a few pints of it but blimey, it had me weaving all over the place.
I found out later that it was almost 6%.

Still, I may have to pencil that in as a weekly treat, though I'll be reading the small print on the beers from now on!

3 comments:

The Great Daktari said...

Not a bad price at all! Now if only somewhere did that with Curry!

As for the cider, you should try the Belgian Bar. Last time I went there they had Biddendens old vintage (a nice kentish brew!) and that was about 12%

Lucy Mail said...

Oh dear, I said 'scrummy', not 'scrumpy'. Good job that wasn't a prescription, eh?
Having said that, I do like a drop of cider from time to time and, in actual fact, I heard last night that our local bearded, pipe smoking, chunky knit jumper wearing, beer bores (Thanet CAMRA) are holding a cider/perry festival in Churchills, in October. If it's anything like their beer festival, it ought to be worth shuffling along to.
Incidently, Churchills have Biddendens cider on tap as a regular, as does The Montefiore Arms on the Eastcliff. So no need to be lining the pockets (and quite possibly the nostrils) of Catweasel, the insanitary toilet man, on the seafront.

The Great Daktari said...

Fair comment!