Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Downtime Blues.

How I hate it when my computer goes tits-up! It's like losing a limb!
Never mind, though. Getting it fixed was marginally cheaper than buying a prosthesis, and I haven't got to learn how to walk again, or start writing with my left hand, so things aren't so bad, I suppose.

The guy at the computer mending shop seemed a bit perplexed about what had gone wrong with the thing, but assured me that by replacing everything inside the boxy bit, I shouldn't have any more problems.
Well so far, so good.
Though I did get a bit of an odd error message earlier, that had me scratching my head (although that could have been my pesky cat and it's fleas).
Anyone care to enlighten me as to what it means?


4 comments:

The Great Daktari said...

Did the computer chap reinstall windows? If not you might need to do that, although if there's something on there that you wish to keep, move it to another hard drive before doing it.

If he's replaced lots of "insides" then it may well need it.

Tony Flaig said...

Blimey, have you tried turning it off and on.

I suggest that you go back to the menders and ask if they've fixed it properly if not maybe you could give them some free advertising if they haven't

Lucy Mail said...

It seems to be all sorted now. Fortunately I had everything of importance backed-up to a floppy disk, so no worries there.
It was the bit in the middle which does all the sums that went wrong and something to do with the remembering stick, whatever that is. Is that a Voodoo thing? How complicated these contraptions are, these days!
I did wonder, however, why you never see women working in these places.

And as for bad-mouthing the shop Tony, well that's not really my style!

Tony Flaig said...

Not what I said exactly

Still if the cap fits