Saturday, August 09, 2008

Ghost Raita.

After being asked out on a date last night, for the first time in months, I was reluctant to poo-poo my suitors choice of venue, The Ramsgate Tandoori (the reviews speak for themselves), for fear of giving offence. The poor lad seemed to think that it was curry heaven in Ramsgate and I haven't eaten there in years, so, I thought, let's give it a go!

Oh dear!

From the 'wet lettuce' handshake from the owner, on arrival, to the 'wet lattice' array of food, the whole experience was horrid!
Still, I managed to have a bit of fun with the waiter by making a big fuss about one of the dips being haunted.
Well it was!! I know ectoplasm when I see it!
He still wasn't convinced, even when the thing levitated and ended up, upside down on the bar. Though to be honest, I did have to help it a little with lift-off.

My date didn't seem too impressed and was reluctant to continue with the rest of the evening's festivities.

How's that supposed to make a gal feel, eh, playing second fiddle to a place like that?!

6 comments:

The Great Daktari said...

Hello! I must say that in my opinion, the Ramsgate Tandoori is not my fave place! I never thought the food was that nice!

Come to think of it, and it pains me to say it, Ramsgate doesn't really have very good curry houses (with the exception of the St Lawrence Tandoori)

But if you go to Broadstairs, there are a couple of good ones! If you like your curry, I'd suggest either St. Lawrence or The Spice Cottage in Broadstairs - although be warned.... The Spice Cottage is a bring your own booze place!!!!!!

Lucy Mail said...

On a serious note, and it does happen with me from time to time, I'd say you're not far off the mark.
Ramsgate does have a few good Indian eateries, St. Lawrence, as you say, The London Tandoori (take-away only) in Addington St. and Tandoori Express on the Margate Road. All very good!
Broadstairs Tandoori, Albion Road, is run by Ghurkas and their food is excellent. Not such a big fan of The Spice Cottage, myself, and feel it's a tad over-rated.
On a lighter note, how is Clarence, the cross eyed lion?

The Great Daktari said...

Clarence is very well thank you. He went to specsavers and now reads purrfectly!

I agree about the Broadstairs Tandoori. It's very nice there.

Although Clarence has told me that if you venture out of Thanet there's a lovely place in Whitstable called The Invicta Tandoori. - I'm going to check it out in a few days time!

Lucy Mail said...

Ever tried The Tamarind in Broadstairs? Not your run-of-the-mill Indian restaurant, but very good all the same.

The Great Daktari said...

Not tried there. I shall give that a go!

Anonymous said...

Good words.