Sunday, October 26, 2008

Things That Go Bump In The Night.

You would think, wouldn't you, that with my ability to communicate with the dead 'n' all, I wouldn't get scared about the odd creepy noise or two, in the middle of the night.
Well I do live in King Street, and I, like most people, have the hardest time trying to communicate with the undead that skulk around these parts!
So you can imagine, perhaps, the mixture of fear and anger that I experienced upon peeping over my duvet and seeing one of these skulking forms going through my bedroom drawers.
Unluckily for my intruder, I have lightning fast reactions and was out of bed, clubbing him over the head with the large ceramic ashtray on my bedside cabinet, before I even had chance to realise that I have neither a bedside cabinet nor a large ceramic ashtray!

OOPS!

Once I'd managed to stem the bleeding and stop the poor fella from crying and shaking, I thought it prudent to just apologise and go home.

I really ought to cut down on my drinking, but have arranged to meet some friends in the Artillery Arms this afternoon.
Maybe something to look at tomorrow?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After meeting a nice young woman in a pub and both drinking a copious amount i ended up at her place.
Plenty of action ensued and on waking the next morning i thought one more for luck,as i entered the place of delight a voice said"your home from work early darling,oops! indeed.

Lucy Mail said...

I'm not entirely sure what you're on about there, anonymous?
Of course, that could be because my brain is 10% smaller than yours!
You may have to explain.