Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Isle Of Write.

How encouraging to see so many blogs springing up all over the Isle De Thanét. The Thanet Blog List now boasts 38 of them but I'm sure they won't have found them all and would, personally, estimate the figure to be closer to 5000. That's almost 2 blogs for every working person in Thanét!

Amazing!!!

I would like to be the first, and hopefully not the last, to say a heartfelt well done to all those that have poured themselves into journalising their lives, homes and experiences and extend warm thanks to the blogging élite, namely...

Dr Fokker for offering an alternative to news, wit, opinion and lifestyle.
Eastcliff Richard for offering an alternative to that alternative.
Man Being Sick On Pizza for supporting Margate, despite it being a lost cause.
Angina for confirming every myth about old people as truth.
Little Weed for being such a wholesome, nice person that I wished she were my mum.
Dane Valley Ted for constantly making passes at me, despite having been married for the last 60 years.
And finally, myself, for oozing sexuality and charisma.

We ought to have a title really, something like Isle Of Thanét Authors.
Yes, I like that, IOTA.
Has a nice ring to it.

4 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

Or how about The Writers In Thanet Society?

Lucy Mail said...

Maybe too specific.
How about The Writers Around Thanet Society?
Or if you want specific, Writers Affording Necessary Knowledge of East Ramsgate Society.

Little Weed said...

Your contribution I'm sure oozes everything but more than that just keeps me giggling - well done

Lucy Mail said...

That's very sweet of you to say.
Have you ever thought about adopting?