Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Week Link.

Thinking it prudent, after four weeks of guzzling proper beer instead of that pissy Fosters, to calm things down for my last week off, you can imagine my surprise upon opening a letter from the Australian Reconnaissance Service Elite, a week ago, informing me that they'd probably be able to manage without my expertise, henceforth.

Talk about having your World turned the right way up!
Not a pleasant feeling, being forced out of the A.R.S.E.

As a consequence, I now find myself without a job and the whole of last week missing in some hazy blur, though I've no doubt that there'll be a few helpful souls filling in my gaps for me, over the coming week. I'll most likely be bumping into most of them at the job centre, too!

Ah well, I could always see if I can get my old job back at the abattoir. The owner there was often complimenting me on the way I took care of his meat.

6 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

What a shame that you won't be getting your snout in the A.R.S.E. trough. Have you considered making a silk purse out of one of your ears?

Lucy Mail said...

Maybe an idea for later but I'll need to get rid of my sow ear grapes first.

Perhaps it's time to change that photo for something that looks a little more like me and a little less like a pig.

You probably won't get the tit, though, I'm afraid.

Richard Eastcliff said...

It's rather late and I'm a little the worse for wear, but may I just say that I think you're one of the loveliest bloggers I have ever met?

Lucy Mail said...

Oh dear!
You have had rather a lot to drink, haven't you.

I admire that in a person.

Richard Eastcliff said...

I should have taken the lovely, dearly departed Ram Skate Raider's advice and vowed never to blog whilst under the influence. I take it all back!

Lucy Mail said...

Sped arrow, spoken word and spent minute springs to mind. Y'know, those things that can't be recalled.
I've had to live with being lovely for all of my life so I think you can just learn to live with having recognised that fact!