Monday, June 01, 2009

Aldi Same.

To say that I don't approve of the way that Tesco try to deceive their customers into buying things that they don't really want, by constantly moving their stock around so people have to hunt for everything, would be an understatement. But that mind-fuck that they lay on you in Aldi makes Tesco look like rank amateurs.
I'd never noticed it before, having only shopped in the Aldi round the corner from me, in Ramsgate, but while visiting a friend yesterday, in Margate, I popped into their branch to grab a jar of coffee and had to walk straight back out again to re-affirm that I was still in Margate!
Everything in the whole shop, down to the tiniest detail, was exactly the same as Ramsgate. It even smelled the same!

What's their game, then?

Luckily I knew exactly where the coffee was and, thanks also to their highly efficient queueing policy, I was back out again before it had chance to really freak me out and make me buy everything in the shop, just to make the nightmare go away.

Weirdos!

2 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

I was told by the former owner of the old CTM that there was an Audi dealer nearby. At least that's what I thought he said.

Imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be some tracksuited, Stella-swigging pitbull-tugger moping around outside the aforementioned German food barn offering passers by what appeared to be small plastic bags of oregano.

Lucy Mail said...

I saw the fella myself. Frugal shoppers would be well advised to pop into the store for their oregano, as it's a fraction of the £10 that this local entrepreneur was asking for a bag.