Sunday, July 26, 2009

Farm Aceuticals.

Being the consummate adventurer that I am, I'll rarely turn down the opportunity to try something new. But, even though I'm a big chocolate fan (Must be messy on a hot day! ed.), I did have some doubts about trying the mushroom chocolate that was on sale, on one of the hippy stalls, at the Lounge On The Farm music festival, a couple of weeks ago.

Well really! Mushroom chocolate? What a ridiculous idea!

Or so I thought!

After being assured that the mushrooms were particularly good, which was why I was expected to shell out a fiver for a bar of the stuff, and my hankering for chocolate was peaking at around that point, I decided to take the plunge and hand over the cash.
It was nice chocolate, for sure, but hardly worth a fiver and the mushrooms didn't come through at all!

Again, so I thought.

Some kind of warning that the mushrooms were, in fact, of the genus psilocybin, would have been polite!

So, an hour or so later, I found myself in fits of giggles among a riot of colours and shapes, all culminating with me pulling the most gorgeous guy that I'd ever laid eyes on and spending the next few hours making my inner tent really, rather smelly, by the time that I finally fell asleep at around dawn!

Waking up just in time for a lunch that there was 'no way on Earth' I was even going to contemplate eating, my fuzzy head tried to deal, unsuccessfully, with the situation that presented itself to me.
The guy laying next to me was neither particularly good looking (hey, it happens!), nor, strictly speaking, a guy! Though she did have quite a hairy top lip, I hardly think that excuses my blunder.

Dear God, am I the ONLY one that thinks I'm not a lesbian?

On the bright side, I did get a free bar of chocolate from mushroom man, when I complained, which came with the very sensible instruction of just eating a square or two at a time, and the kind, but unwanted offer of accommodation in his camper van, next time I pulled.

Sheesh! I was quite looking forward, at that point, to the following weekend and the relative sanity of getting completely bolloxed for three days, at a beer festival!

Moron that, later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mausoleum and synagogue

but why is it being decorated and can people view the end result....

Lucy Mail said...

I would imagine they're decorating because they thought the place could do with sprucing up, though I could be wrong and they could have entirely sinister motives.
As for poking your nose around in there, you'd have to ask them, not me.
I couldn't say how many orthodox Jews read my blog, but I'm gonna guess at not many. Perhaps your question could be better answered on some local councilors blog, or better still, ask the, er, ring leaders, themselves!

Anonymous said...

ignoramus this will enlighten you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xfhXmdjSIm4/SfyfFz3nPaI/AAAAAAAAABs/nmrwe7XCpJk/s1600/tomb.jpg


http://www.rachelstomb.org/main.html


http://www.rachelstomb.org/capsulehistory.htm

Lucy Mail said...

Hardly (but thanks, anyway), as I feel I've already been accepted into Sir Moses's Arms!
And I stand corrected on my assumption of 'who' makes up 'what' portion of those who make hits on my blog.
Thanks for pointing that out.