Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thinking Outside The Box.

If I've heard that once, I've heard it a thousand times, of late!
What the Hell is it supposed to mean, this latest catchphrase of the pub savant?
I did suggest to one fella, who managed to splut it out three times in the space of a minute, that it could express a moment of self-doubt about one's sexual orientation, and took great delight in suggesting, when he didn't get what I was saying, that he should actually try 'thinking outside the box', instead of just banging on about it!

Or is it....

A point that Pandora missed?
A regret on one's death bed?
Dodging Daleks?
Houdini suffering stage fright?
A polite way of saying 'shit for brains' or 'you're thinking out of your arse'?

I think we should be told!

3 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

One drunken snog from you appears to have landed me with swine flu Lucy. I dread to think what state I'd be in if I'd been anywhere near your box!

Anonymous said...

It means to think unconventionality

Lucy Mail said...

Hey, I was the one that was drunk, Cliffy!
Besides, after all this festivaling, anyone venturing near my box is more likely to get a dose of swine effluent!

And thank you, 8:34, for that literal definition, albeit without a practical demonstration.