Friday, May 14, 2010

Large African Grey Cock.

I know, first hand, what a blight that the ban on smoking in public buildings has been for smokers, especially during this bitter Winter that we've just had, but on the bright side, it gets one out of the pub for a few minutes, here and there, to marvel at how 'non-pub-goers' relieve their own boredom.
So, while standing outside a local pub that shall remain nameless, on the corner of Royal and Westcliff road, a few days ago, I spotted a woman rounding the corner with a large African Grey cock in her hands.
Come on! Who takes their parrot out for walkies, I ask you!?
She was nattering away to the thing, though I couldn't quite make out what she was saying.

Perhaps it was TDC's latest hare-brained initiative, to combat the herring gull/bin bag problem, and these parrots are being trained to encourage fussier eating among the flying bags of shit?

2 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

I'd be quite keen on a cockatoo myself, come to think of it.

Lucy Mail said...

Don't say that I didn't warn you about trying to give up smoking, the 'easy' way!