Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Smack Heads Or Smack Tails?

I know I bang on a bit about standing outside that nameless pub on the corner of Royal and Westcliff Road, but it's like a convergence of alternate realities at times, and IMHO, worth a mention every now and again.
Though I don't find ALL of those realities particularly endearing, the most unsavoury of them all would have to be the smack-house, and all that dwell within, just along the road a little.
Whatever possesses people(?) to withdraw every aspect of themselves, except the ability to steal and spread disease, from this reality, escapes me completely.
Quite why these people(?), who's idea of helping themselves will never go any further than taking, but never giving back, are tolerated in society at all, escapes me also.

Yes, yes, I'm sure they've had an awful upbringing or some such thing, but is there anything that can be done, now, to change that?
I would say that the evidence points to the contrary.
If things are so bad that they have to hide from their past by hiding from the present and pretending that nothing matters, shouldn't we be helping them by relieving them of their burden on a more permanent basis, at the same time as relieving our own?

A simple injection, ironically, would suffice. Those who would like to enjoy a happy and fulfilling life would be one step closer to it, and those who don't would also have their wish granted.

Though I've little doubt that we'll be 'tossing' over this 'issue' for a good while to 'come'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put them all on the Isle of Man. Job done.

Lucy Mail said...

Albeit in a somewhat NIMBY kind of way.
I think they should be sent away, but not necessarily to another place.