Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gotta Get My Fix.

I've decided to take the afternoon off, so I can ensconce myself in the pub to watch England beat Slovenia 5-0.
I've been studying form, forming patterns of play and have concluded that England will make the miracle come-back that they need, to finally demonstrate that the whole bloody thing is fixed!
There is a bit of a clue to this, in the billions of pounds that are involved.
They need to be collected by investors, and it's very unlikely that that would be left to chance.

Still, on the bright side, it'll cheer the true English patriots (football supporters) up a bit!

Update.
Of course, a more cynical person would have gone for a 1-0 victory, ensuring that the tension of suspense doesn't waver for a second!
Maybe we'll meet Germany before the final, as well as init?

Updated update.
Seems that the Germans are keen to get on and mix it with the English.
A pity this isn't war, as I think we'd stand a better chance!
Looking forward to Sunday.

3 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

,

Richard Eastcliff said...

Oh, sorry. I thought it said 'leave your comma'.

Lucy Mail said...

Two commas walk into a bar and ask for a pint. "Sure thing," says the barman "but why the big pause?"

That doesn't work as well as the bear joke, does it?