Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Little Miss Steak.

While visiting a friend who lives in Moorgate, over the weekend, we decided to eat out on Saturday night, at a Korean restaurant which caught my eye a few months ago (during my, er, sexual entrenchment crisis, as I've come to think of it), called Young Bean.

Goodness only knows what I must have been thinking, there!

Being the culinary adventurer that my friend Susan (her real name is Alison, but I've changed it to protect her anonymity. You know how precious I am about that!) is, she was curious as to whether one of the dishes on their menu, Yukhoe, would taste as minging as it sounded, so decided to give it a try.

LOL, I'm glad I went for something from their traditional Chinese menu.

Come on now, I don't think that munching on an actual 'hoe' would be quite as 'yuk' as forcing raw, ground steak with a raw egg yolk on top, into my face!
It looked like a giant, bloodshot eye!

Still, hats off to her for trying to pretend that it was quite nice, once you'd stopped reaching, actually.

4 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

And how does Moorgate compare with Margate? I haven't been to either in ages!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were in Margate bank holiday weekend ECR?

Lucy Mail said...

Well Moorgate is pretty dull, so I try to liven the place up with a joke or two, when we're out.
My friend Susan (Alison) spends most of our evenings trying to make sure that I don't tell, as I've often promised to, that awful 'What's red and white and comes in tubes?' joke.
As if I would!
Well, not sitting in a pub, in Moorgate, at least!

12:42, he probably sent one of his young stooges there, to do his dirty work again.
He gets more like that Godden fella, all the time!

Anonymous said...

I am actually just a giant brain wired directly into the web. So yes, I did visit Margate on the bank holiday, but not in the corporeal sense.

Hope that helps!

ECR