Friday, February 15, 2008

Old Flame.

Right then, dispensing with all that 'bitch slapping, fight club' nonsense that appears to be underpinning the Thanet World of Blog at the moment, let's move on to far more serious and positive issues.
I bumped into an ex of mine yesterday, bringing back some very fond memories of being made to feel like a Princess, particularly between the sheets, and some regret that only a handful of very special men seem able to do this to a woman, when we got chatting about his current pursuits in life. Once we'd established that he's currently single and that he has no interest, what-so-ever, in coming back to mine for a nostalgia shag (maybe I should mention that he's also a clueless idiot, at this point), we got on to talking about The Thanet Easter Beer Festival at Margate's Winter Gardens over Easter, and his role in making that happen. We also discussed the blog that he'd created, in order to keep people informed of how things were coming together. He seemed a little disappointed at how few people were visiting it, at which point I suggested that he maybe should post more frequently than once a month and perhaps encourage a few others to add links to him (there's that clueless idiot thing again!).

Well, being the kind soul that I am (and still in the hope of that elusive shag), I offered to risk life, limb and recognition by adding a link myself. In fact, I just happen to have a spare link in the shape of ECR's now dead one, so I'll use that.

For those of you that find it too much effort to force your pointers all the way over to the sidebar, I'll put one here too.

I went along for this Festival last year and it was a real blast!
I'll certainly be there again this year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you be so fickle? Just goes to prove that it's not just men who are pigs.

ECRS&M

Lucy Mail said...

Yes, blogging goes a long way towards proving all sorts of things, doesn't it!
Anyhow, I can't dispute the pig thing but to be fair, I'm not entirely fickle. I'd go as far as saying 'fick', maybe.
Besides, nothing happened between me and my ex. Can you say the same about you and your new 'right w*n*er'?
And before anyone decides to sic a spotty 12-year-old geek on my blog, the missing letters are i and g. I only asterisked them out because I consider that to be a very dirty word, indeed, and I won't have it on my blog!

Lucy Mail said...

Oh, you were talking about removing your link!
Sorry.
I thought for a moment that I'd been particularly drunk one night and now you thought I was your wife or something.
Hey, if you ever get back up and running, I'll reinstate it like a shot!

Anonymous said...

You're right, he is a right w*n*r. You only find these things out when you get close to someone.

I can feel a divorce coming on if he carries on like this.

ECRS&M

Hugh and Howie R said...

Well thanks for that Lucy.
Er, I think.