Friday, April 04, 2008

Going To Loddon To See Off The Spleen.

Now that Easter is out of the way and Summer lies just beneath our feet in the seemingly bottomless pit of seasons, all kinds of excursions seem to be presenting themselves to take our minds off the hum-drum of Thanet Life (no, not the one that was spewed out by our flying proctologist, but the real one).
And among them, one in particular caught my eye. A trip to the Loddon brewery to celebrate the opening of Heathrow's new terminal 5, with a bottled beer that was specifically designed for the task. Apparently, the bottle has been designed with a very narrow neck, making it all but impossible for anyone, except the most determined drinker, to get the beer back out of it. How appropriate! Rather boringly though, they've decided to call it Crown Rivers and it rolls in at a not-so-lofty 3.9% ABV. I'm sure that, in the light of their success at the new terminal, we could come up with a better name than that. Though the strength of it, oddly enough, does reflect, quite accurately, the amount of luggage that has been retrieved from their new automated system, so far.


If anyone is going to challenge my ability to suck, I'll be quite happy pick their glove up!

4 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

You don't seem to have had your old baggage handled in quite a while, Lucy old chum.

Lucy Mail said...

Really? Why do you think that I'm not posting at the mo?

Richard Eastcliff said...

Fair enough. It's just that you usually seem to like to kiss and tell!

Lucy Mail said...

I do (never thought I'd hear myself say that!), but I find it prudent to wait until I actually have something to tell.
Aren't you the impatient one!
Mind you, I should be used to that by now, too!