Saturday, August 05, 2006

Art Attack!

My word, that gallery IOTA seems to be pulling out all the stops of late and last night saw the opening of yet another exhibition!
Despite not being much of a one for art, I do make the effort, regardless of my personal feelings, and martyr myself for their cause. That and they usually have a cask of ale on as a freebie.
Very nice too!
Still, it was a good do and the art was quite enjoyable. I just wish that I could get someone to explain to me what 'post-modern impressionist' is supposed to mean. Perhaps it's one of those things, like an awful lot of art, that defies any kind of explanation?
Just to be sure, I think i'll pop up for another squint at the daubs this afternoon so that I feel i'm really doing my bit. And, of course, help them finish that ale off before it goes bad!
I wonder if the gruff, surly curator that smells faintly of wee will be there today?
Perhaps he can explain what post-modern impressionist means. I do hope it's nothing to do with Bobby Davro!

No comments: