Saturday, August 12, 2006

Extra Special Bit Her.

My friend Hellen, from NY, does like a beer or three, and she seems to be developing a taste for the warm, sticky stuff that us Limeys go all gooey over.
But I think she met her match last night.
Introducing her to the phenomenon that is Churchills Tavern, I was pleased to see that they had Fullers' ESB on. An absolutely delightful brew!
Much as I tried to warn her about the strength of the stuff, 5.5%, and that one pint of it would be roughly equivalent to five pints of the wee wee that she drinks at home, she was necking it like there was no tomorrow.
Going by the state of her by the time I got her back to her hotel, I think that may very well turn out to be true!

Polite notice.
Anybody who has designs on dining in the San Clu (Comfort Inn) today may want to think twice. She disappeared while I was paying the taxi driver and we eventually found her, half an hour later, passed out in the kitchen with her head in the fridge. She looked like she'd been eating pizza but I'm not entirely convinced that's what it was.
So, erring on the side of caution....

No comments: