Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dire Sharpees.

Went along to Churchills last night to soak up some beer and live music and both were astonishingly good (as they often are)!
Those Sharpees are excellent. Quite obviously influenced by Dire Straits but, in my opinion, are a good deal better. Forget that tubby Denny from EK1, I'm now rather taken by The Sharpees vertically challenged lead singer/guitarist who is absolutely mustard.
Were I the type, I think I may well have swooned. And given the opportunity, I would most definitely have spooned!
Anyhow, enough about my loinal preferences, time to go review The Montefiore Arms as part of my new and self-appointed position of Ramsgate Pub Guru(ess).
It'll be a strain, constantly keeping a watchfull eye over events in local watering holes, but somebody has to do it, I think!

3 comments:

Little Weed said...

I think it is very brave of you, I know you will have to suffer ( the next morning). But I think it's a mantle that you will wear well.

Lucy Mail said...

Being almost exclusively an ale drinker, I don't tend to suffer much with hangovers, not having my booze heavily supplemented with chemicals and then pumped full of gas. But that, by no means, excludes me from waking up with the occasional cuts and bruises in places that would, seemingly, be impossible to cut or bruise when sober.

SkinOfStars said...

I'm sorry to say, but the Sharpees are not just influenced by Dire Straits, they are just plain dire. They are clearly tired has-beens who really should just be put out to pasture.

Alot of ale has all sorts of additives in it, one that does cause hangovers is the addition of sulphur. Still I like it.