Friday, October 27, 2006

Labouring The Tory Point.

Saints preserve us, the great ECR mystery seems to be getting flogged to death over on 'Thanets' alternative, Biggles opinion only, newspaper'!
I, among others, have been accused of missing the point. A convenient, but transparent, way of not answering the bloody question. Nothing new there, then!
The best of it is, I don't think that there actually is a point other than some middle classed know-it-all getting a bit narky because somebody else is playing with 'his' toys, though I'm not quite sure where he gets off in thinking that they're his toys.
Well I don't want to play over there any more. Had quite enough of that at nursery school, when some spoilt kid would have a screaming tantrum every time you tried to play with Pooh that they thought was exclusively theirs.
Who cares who ECR is? More to the (sorry, another) point, why do they care? Identity isn't what blogging is about, is it? I'd say it was about observation, like-minded interest, humour and opinion and that there is, perhaps, nothing wrong with introducing a little fiction to get your point across. Hypothetical situations, if you like. It's a well established method, I believe.
And banging on and labouring the same old tired opinion as if that will make it true (lad, just out of shorts, juevenile, childish, relatively junior etc) is a bit infantile in itself.

Anyone fancy a game of Pooh sticks (so long as they're not going to cry if they don't win!)?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said M'Lady

Richard Eastcliff said...

Well I'm thoroughly bored of the whole thing too, Franky, er, frankly.

Although I could descend to the childish and point out that the Doctor started it by whipping out his de-scramble-iser and playing with my Beeb contribution. And then calling his mate at Radio Whatsit for more griff. Why is he so obsessed with finding out who I am? Or is it all a bit of a game?

Honestly, I know I have a pop at him now and again, but most of the time I leave him alone unless he starts having a go at me.

Everyone else seems to get it when it comes to ECR. Dr Biggles doesn't appear to. Which I find stupendously obtuse in a man who is so full of his self-importance that he feels the need to prefix his name with 'Dr' because he's got (I assume) a PhD (in what, self-aggrandisement?)

But if it makes him feel happier to belittle me, fair enough. I'm happy to be the belittler belittled, and let it be.

Until the next time. ;-)

Snailspace said...

I hardly ever visit the good Dr's site anymore.
It's rather like the news.
Extreamly depressing.
Much prefer a good giggle.
life's to short for all that shit

Lucy Mail said...

Pointless arguing with someone that refuses to consider even their own opinions in favour of just following them blindly and attempting to bludgeon everyone with them.
He'd make an absolute nightmare Jehovah's Witness!

Anonymous said...

Middle class.. working class? What is this? Sounds like a collection of typical thanet low achivers with having a pop to me

Lucy Mail said...

What's an achiver?
Someone who is aces with their grammer?