Sunday, October 29, 2006

Kickin' In The Ghoulies.

Hats off to Bandrea at Churchills for picking yet another winner in the entertainment stakes.
That Delay Room, last night, were top-notch. An unusual style mixed with some firm old favourites that did it for me. Not sure that I'd be throwing my knickers at them, as was my urge at the Sharpees gig last week (I'm not a bottomless pit in the knicker department, you know), but damned fine all the same!
Chatted to their singer, Smurf (never did manage to work that one out), who has quite the voice and puts on a bit of a show, and was rewarded with a CD of theirs for my home perusal. How sweet! Also had a word with their drummer, Weird Mark (didn't have too much trouble puting my finger on that one), and haven't got a flipping clue what he was on about, at all. Sounded good though, whatever it was!

All a bit of a far cry from the 'closed shop karaoke' that we've been treated to in the past.

And the whole cake was nicely iced with a Hallowe'en fancy dress contest, though I strongly suspect that the poor sod who won was actually in civvies and making the most of the one day every year that they didn't look out of place!

No comments: