Monday, July 10, 2006

Lemon And Lime.

While sitting at the bar in Churchills Tavern over the weekend, I observed the chunky, I'm so cool (not!) braman.. sorry, barman getting a little bored. He managed to alleviate that, a little, by grabbing a lime and rolling it around the bar for a while before putting on the cleverest juggling act that I've ever seen (again, not!). Now i'm not all that big on people playing with food that other people are going to put in their mouth, so when this idiot stopped briefly to jam his little finger up his nose, for a quick pirouette, before dazzling us with another blast of limenastics, I nearly fell off my stool.
Eventually, of course, he got bored with that and put it back down. The girl behind the bar who, I might add, had missed all of this through the simple act of actually working, then proceeded to cut it up in preparation for some poor sods' drink later on.

Don't think i'll be partaking of any more G&T's in there, henceforth!

Perhaps he's the same guy that put the 'arse' in Sol?

4 comments:

SkinOfStars said...

Was that on your Sunday crawl?

Lucy Mail said...

Good grief, I couldn't even see the pub on Sunday. I only knew I was there because of the odd familiar sound.
No, that'd've been Friday around teatime.

Lucy Mail said...

Having said that, I went out on Saturday and bore witness to a barman in another pub trying to break two pieces of ice apart on the edge of a glass. That trick resulted in a chunk being knocked out of the top of the glass, which was then thrown in the bin. The ice, however, went back in the ice bucket.
Guess I won't be having G&T's in there anymore, either.
Blimey, at this rate i'll only be drinking the things at the Proms!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »