Monday, December 10, 2007

A Brush With The Lore.

One of the things that I love about my Sunday afternoon trawl to the Westcliff, in search of a half decent pub, rather than the eighth decent ones we have on the Eastcliff, is when inclement weather drives me through town, instead of going along the seafront. Takes me back to my youth, when I used to play with the rough boys on the local tip, wading knee deep through rubbish, though I don't recall nearly as much polythene and food detritus.
You'd think that, after two days of crap vending at the market, TDC might have highlighted a need for some kind of SWAT team to limp (as most of their cleaning staff seem to) into action and save themselves the chore of chasing it all over town for the next week!
Not that I hold any truck with the myth that this used to happen. It never, to my recollection, has. Well, not the clearing up, that is. Though the police did used to send out SWAT individuals to redden the ears of potential litter bugs.
Good old days, eh.

And no, I didn't get my leg under, last night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Legover is a very appropriate word for Thanet men. Most of them seem to concentrate on putting their EGO into it, but it often turns out they learnt most of their bedroom skills by playing with their LEGO sets when they were kids. And of course, 9 times out of 10 it's OVER before I've started.

Anonymous said...

The good old days??

In the time before I moved away from the Isle to hone my wooing skills (now now kids, not so much of the 'Land Before Time')...In the days of the the Bali Hai followed by Hades (via the West Coast to check-out the posher totty)...The Ship car park or the row of pine trees at the top of Acol Hill (how sad to see that's inaccessible now)...A lad's maxim was 'Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen!'

Ahhh...life was so simple then.
(and before you say it, clearly so was I)

Lucy Mail said...

Well first of all, 'treat 'em mean' is just another excuse for premeture ejaculation. Yeah, I'm sure you did that deliberately!

Your best bet, I've found, TB, is to catch them unawares, while they're still asleep. That way they have little or no conscious input into the, er, input and it's possible to keep them going for over ten minutes before they start, um, coming to.

Anonymous said...

There are no excuses for premature ejaculation (well, maybe one or two well used 'standards' that guys are taught in school when the girls are playing netball).

More to the point Lucy - I'm worried from reading your comments that you're talking in the present tense. I don't want to suggest that you should give up on the local guys, but... Although on a positive note, I thought you and Milky Mike seem to have clicked (or should I say squelched) and ER appears to be carrying a torch (or is he just pleased to see you?). Remember - you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone (a phrase that holds particular relevance for myself!).

However, even more of a concern is the first party viewpoint of the second paragraph. It will only reinforce the (as we know, erroneous (or for some of us, erogenous)) sapphist rumours. I'm sure this was just a slip of the tongue for want of a better phrase.

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas ♥

P.S. the requested photos of your little box (4 Dec) appear to have been lost in transit.