Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hell, I Copped A Pad!

Further to yesterday's grumble, as I was walking into town, along King Street, not half an hour after moaning about the market days litter, I trod on something soft.
Just as when you cut your finger and are reluctant to look at it, because you know it's going to be grim, I had the same reaction with what I believed to be a dog turd.
So you can imagine my relief and delight, when I finally looked, to discover that it was a used sanitary towel.
I'd love to meet the woman who changes her towels outside a florist. I should imagine that she's an interesting person, indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where I come from they call it the Dolmio grin.

Lucy Mail said...

Or a 'jam poly', a 'Turkish prisoner's shoe', a 'JFK sweatband', a 'cycling helmet', in fact, the list is almost endless.
Interesting to note that none of this would work in any other language. You can see why English is so popular!