Friday, December 28, 2007

The Test Of Thyme.

Believe it or not, one of my favourite things to do is cook (being the domestic Goddess that I am), so you can imagine how passionately I feel about Christmas lunch. Though, in my experience, no matter how carefully a meal is planned, there's always a hicup that forces you towards the type of innovation that can make or break hours of preparation.
With this in mind, it's worth noting, for those of you that like to make your own ice-cream, that if you're out of fresh mint, thyme does NOT make a satisfactory substitute!
Still, the starters (caramelised pilchard) and the main course (roast pidgeon foo yung, well I had a lot of eggs) went down very well.
As that fat, greasy haired Meatloaf fella will happily gurgle at you, two out of three ain't bad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got it! You're Nigella Lawson!

Lucy Mail said...

Whatever you have (unless it's money), I'm not sure you ought to be spreading it around.
And, unlike ECR, I'm not a celebrity.
I just like to make a pig of myself from time to time.